Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spread Sheet VS Inventory Software

For those of you starting out on your first post, I have one question for you, why are you reading this and not working on your inventory? It's pretty much the worst thing you'll have to do and it will take you 10 times longer to do than you think it might. If it's not your first posting and you're familiar with inventory then I have one question for you, why are you not updating your inventory with the latest purchases you've made?

The only other advice I can give on the subject of inventory does not come from experience as much as computer common sense and something I heard from another person. I heard that SERV regularly changes/updates the inventory software that they provide. The problem is I've also heard that the old saved inventory files do not work on newer software. You can pretty much figure out the problem already. SERV does however except inventory as a spreadsheet file, and spreadsheet files have not changed formating for more than 10 years and I don't think they will soon. So my advice is don't use their software and set up a spreadsheet yourself. Now if I get a good spreadsheet file that works well for inventory I'll post it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment