Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Costco Shop

There's this great idea that before you go on post you are entitled to items tax free and that your mover will come and pick them up for you before your move. Two things to know about this before you commit are your mover is not obliged to pick up anything for free, second, stores are not obliged to give you things tax free with your paperwork. So if it doesn't work out, then that's just the way it is.

The Costco shopping spree however is legendary and you'd think it would be easy, but there's one detail that can screw you over quick. I've learned that the only Costco to recognize the tax free status is the one located in Gatineau Quebec. I attempted to buy my groceries at an Ontario location and they had no idea what I was talking about. I called my movers and they suggested that I try the Gatineau location and it went like a charm. You don't have to set anything up, just shop, go to the cash with your paperwork and they'll do the rest.

Now my mover does pick ups with no additional cost on this particular shop, but I'm not sure if they all do, so check first.

No comments:

Post a Comment